Thursday, April 29, 2010

Singapore Trip



I went to Singapore last February 26 for a much-needed break. Though i stayed there for 5 days lang. Hahaha! Unfortunately, hindi pa open ang Universal Studios that time. They opened mid March. But still, I enjoyed my stay there and was able to capture a lot of good pictures. Here are some of the pictures I took.




It was an eventful experience. Traveling alone is not new to me. My first trip abroad was in Hong Kong and I was all by myself. Though i met new friends during the trip. At times, i find it easier to travel alone because i can do whatever i want and go wherever i feel like going to. Wala ng diskusyon, sarili ko lang iisipin ko. Hehehe!



This Singapore trip was planned last November of 2009. It was a gift from my ever generous boss. I booked myself online to Fort Canning because its cheap and almost in the center of everything. Doby Ghaut MRT station is just a stone-throw away and they also have a forex there which gives greater value to my limited US dollar baon compared to that of the airport.

I was really excited about this trip coz my last was 2007 pa in Macau with my boss (Ma'am Petita), Enrique (her nephew) and Violy (her mayordoma).

Anyway, it's my first also to book my flight online and it was a breeze. I booked myself to Singapore Air and right then and there i was able to choose my seat, my in-flight meal and print my boarding pass at the same time.



The only brouhaha during this trip is that when i was at the departure area of the old NAIA airport, i almost lost my green Crumpler knapsack. After i let it pass through the x-ray conveyor along with my luggage, subject myself to the standard frisking and all, load my luggage back to the push-cart, i forgot to pick up my knapsack.

I only realized i don't have it when i need to take a tylenol.



I was alarmed! I went back to areas in the airport where i went before and when i passed by a security booth.... my green Crumpler bag was there on top of it! nobody was around so i took it. Hahaha! I was about to load it in my push-cart when this policeman suddenly appeared. He asked me the usual "Is that your bag sir?". I said "yes". And he asked me again, "Kailangan po nating buksan yang bag for security purposes, ano po ba laman nito?"



Nag-isip ako. Trying to recall lahat ng nilagay ko don. "I have my Sony digital camera there, my MacBook, my back-up cellphone, my medicine, my iPod at..... 5 Giordano briefs!" hehehe! Hindi na kasi kumasya sa luggage ko yung briefs. Kasi ba naman sa dami ng mga padala sa akin. May mga lata ng corned beef at bibingka para sa daughter ng officemate ko at may mangga at chicharon para sa classmate ko. Haaaaay!

Anyway, the policeman looked inside my bag and after satisfying him with my answers, he gave my bag back to me and said. "Ingatan nyo po yung gamit nyo, sayang yan pag nawala." I thanked the officer and gave a sigh of relief.



Lining up to the airline booth to deposit my check-in luggage was also easy. Since i already have a boarding pass, the female staff of Singapore Air accompanied me directly to the Business/First Class line, though i'm holding an E-class ticket. hehehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment